Due to the natural disaster and reported technical issues, kynect health coverage will provide a Special Enrollment Period, meaning individuals will have until December 31, 2021 to select a plan with a Jan 1, 2022 effective date. This special enrollment may be continued into January or later if appropriate. The SEP will be granted for the following two circumstances:
- Any person who attests that their ability to enroll in a Qualified Health Plan was affected by severe Weather in December 2021.
- Any person who attests that that encountered system errors, including long wait times with the call center, that prevented them from enrolling in a Qualified Health Plan Prior to December 15th.
Please note Open enrollment still ends on January 15th, 2022.
If you have certain life changes any time of year, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. Life changes include:
- Losing your job or having a change in income
- Moving to a new zip code, county or state
- Getting married or divorced
- Having a baby or adopting a child
- Becoming a U.S. citizen
- Being released from prison
- Losing eligibility for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Plan
- Having your COBRA coverage expire
- Gaining Indian tribe status
- If you were determined to be eligible for Medicaid and have since been notified that you are not
We can answer your questions and help you find out if you qualify. For more information, contact us or visit https://kynect.ky.gov/ .